Assistant Property Manager
New York, NY
The Assistant Commercial Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Senior Property Manager in the management of commercial office property. Responsibilities involve a broad range of property management functions, including, but not limited to, budget preparation and execution, building operations, facility maintenance and repair, tenant relations and project management. Specific priorities or focus may be directed by the Senior Property Manager depending upon the specific needs of the building at the time.
- Bachelor s level degree in Business or a related field; and two years minimum of progressive management responsibility and related experience. In addition, any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of MS Office and be conversant in computer applications.
- Understanding of accounting principles, procedures, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of basic property management tools and skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority, maintain composure under pressure, during emergencies and changing environments.
- Be self-motivated, a leader and understand teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to read, comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents including leases, financial reports and contracts.
- Pursue Professional Development courses and programs such as the BOMA Real Property Administrator designation and other industry seminars.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs, the roof, cooling tower catwalks, ladders, go through restricted openings to inspect all areas of the property.
- Ability to respond after-hours for emergencies and work extended hours as needed.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.