QC Mechanical Inspector
- This position requires the mechanical ability and experience to perform inspections of simple electrical, complex mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components and assemblies.
- Performs complicated layout inspection for first piece, in process and final inspection.
- Makes decisions regarding inspection problems and skillfully uses all inspection gauges and instruments, including their set up, analysis and adjustment.
- Works from complicated blueprints, sketches, written and/or verbal specifications.
- Aerospace and or Nuclear industry experience beneficial.
- Proficient in the use of mechanical inspection equipment; including micrometers, gages, go/no gages, optical comparator, CMM and other inspection measuring tools.
- Understanding of basic electronics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Works closely with Engineering to resolve issues.
- May lead and assist other inspectors and make set ups for their use.
- Maintains a clean well organized work area.
- Can easily accept direction and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.