Clifton, NJ 07012
Reporting to the Controller, this important and challenging role will offer support in the Finance department specifically surrounding the accounting function within the group. You will assist in the preparation of the financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements. You will also assist in the formulation of internal controls and best practices.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements
- Provide monthly balance sheet and expense account analysis
- Assist the Controller in driving improvements in the accounting process, analysis, and control documentation and procedures
- Assist in period group reporting, annual budgets and reforecasts, and year-end financial and tax schedules
- Ensure activities posted to both cash and clearing GL accounts are reviewed and reconciled in a timely manner
- Own Cash Management strategy and process
- Own Concur administration
- Perform bank reconciliations - reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL
- Manage deduction application process
- Manage database for new customers/vendors
- Partner with Legal department to assist in 3rd party risk assessment for vendors
- Manage payroll entries within the GL and related accruals in accounting system
- Develop TNA accounting policies and procedures
- Support parent company with periodic and ad hoc reporting requirements
- Must have a P&L mindset
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solver.
- Participative work style, strong team player and interpersonal flexibility.
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally.
- Continuous improvement ethic through team knowledge sharing.
- 5+ years of experience with financial reporting/business cycle close.
- Retail or CPG experience preferable.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, or related field.
- MBA preferred, but not required.