South Plainfield, NJ 070802449
The Administrative Assistant provides office services by completing assigned administrative tasks and implementing/supporting administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
- Will support multiple people, functions and projects within the commercial organization.
- Assists in the creation of documents, memos, reports, spreadsheets and presentation material as needed and requested by department members and/or department head.
- Manages calendar(s) and coordinates scheduling.
- Schedules, plans, coordinates meetings & teleconferences involving internal team members and external guests, including patients.
- Arranges global and domestic travel (transportation, lodging, passport/visas, etc.)
- Processes expense reports.
- Processes and tracks contracts, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
- Creates presentations for executive level, internal and external audiences.
- Organizes internal and external meetings (conference room reservations and preparation, meeting materials. Catering, etc.)
- Performs routine filing, faxing, shipping, phone duties.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports and prioritizing projects.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Performs other tasks, assignments and projects as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately, efficiently and effectively manage multiple calendars, global travel itineraries and special projects.
- Demonstrated proficiency using the advanced functionality of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Flexibility to work outside of core business hours when necessary.
- Experience providing high-level administrative support at executive or departmental level in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment.