Associate Director - Reimbursement
Paramus, NJ 07652
Responsible for designing and implementing the company s product reimbursement program and policies.
- Create marketing strategy and tactics to drive market access initiatives.
- Develop and implement the market access marketing strategy and all promotional materials in alignment with corporate brand positioning, corporate strategy, including management of a marketing vendor.
- Develop and implement all non-personal promotion strategies and tactics that support brand strategy and initiatives including peer to peer digital programs. Manage the design and management of brand websites.
- Lead the development and execution of the field-based reimbursement programs, tactics for physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Develop launch planning activities & evaluate all site of care issues with potential HOPD, Clinic and home infusion.
- Conduct analytical research and provides expertise on pricing/reimbursement for new and existing products.
- Building & Fostering business relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Work extensively with, and understand the importance of, key internal constituents Market Research, Medical Affairs, Sales Analysis, etc. Present to various internal management committees and groups.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers and insurance/managed care organizations to ensure a successful reimbursement program.
- Make recommendations to develop and implement solutions to ensure timely reimbursement.
- Function as an advocate for and a resource to customers and their professional organizations in the areas of reimbursement and managed care.
- Work closely with field sales staff and provides training on relevant Reimbursement/Payer, Managed Care messaging /problem solving
- Collaborates with internal teams to inform ethical and customer-oriented reimbursement tactics and resources for product launch.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills,
- Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize with clear deliverables across multiple customers in tight timelines
- Self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills, with ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated effectively worked in a multi-cultural, global team environment.
- Minimum of bachelor s in science or Arts or the equivalent; MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/bioscience or related experience with product launch experience -- progressive market access experience in the pharmaceutical industry with 5 years in management-level positions with increasing responsibilities. Market Access experience for rare diseases is a plus
- Comprehensive experience in launch, high price, medical benefit (infusion) / procedure-based products additionally orphan experience a plus.
- Experience with building strategy for manage care coverage, coding and reimbursement processes and/or policy.
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulations, legislation, rulemaking, policy advisory opinions and stay within legal guardrails.
- Ability to travel up to 25%