Job Number: 9121
Pay Rate: $58,000 - $63,000/yr.
The Buyer is responsible for facilitating the procurement of assigned materials and services as directed by the Procurement Manager. Additionally, the Buyer will be expected to support both the Procurement and Supply Chain functions from an analytical standpoint and as backup support for overflow and general coverage situations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
Manage and track all national programs for indirect materials and services (including utilities).
Assist, as required, with the administration of all direct material agreements.
Facilitate the vendor qualification and material trial process.
Lead and maintain document management program (xECM)
Manage material claims and assist plant personnel with cost impact calculations.
Track all cost savings as directed.
Provide support for the Procurement and Supply Chain functions as necessary.
SAP experience preferred.
Manufacturing industry experience in a multi-plant environment preferred.
MS Office expertise with strong Excel & Word skills required PowerPoint and Access are a plus.
Lotus Notes is a plus, not required.
Minimum of 3 years of Procurement experience required.
Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience required.
Highly professional with strong ethical values.
- Ability to self-manage, must be self-motivated and responsible.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work on a computer for long periods of time