Princeton, NJ 08540
- Negotiate OPEX (consumables, reagents, service contracts, repairs ) and CAPEX (lab equipment) with the objective to minimize cost.
- Manage the supplier relationships.
- Analyze the spend and develop creative ideas, strategies to drive down the cost of materials and services on a continuing basis.
- Assist with the maintenance of Procurement master data within the ERP system (i.E. Pricing, part numbers, supplier information, etc.)
- Participates in various Global Procurement projects or initiatives.
- Resolve issues with suppliers.
- Assist with the deployment of a new e-procurement solution, including the training of existing team members
- BA/BS degree with 2-3 relevant experience in a purchasing department in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
- Able to work autonomously, but also as an active team member.
- Ability to establish good relationships and work effectively with internal users and suppliers.
- Flexibility / Adaptability - responds to changing needs of the business.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Proactive, initiate and recognizes what needs to be done, takes action and accomplishes results.
- Solid time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in common office software like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, experience using ERP and e-procurement systems.
- Experience with e-procurement and electronic supplier catalogue management also preferred.