Chatham, NJ 07928
This position will provide the right individual the opportunity to procure appropriate sample materials from the field by working with other members of the team, including drillers. Using these materials, you will perform laboratory data validation and review. Additionally, you will also perform the following duties:
- Environmental laboratory chemical data analysis.
- Coordinate sampling requirements and schedules with laboratories and Project Managers.
- Work with laboratory database management systems
- Write reports for environmental projects
- Support clients with utilization of their customized software solutions
- Support the company s state certification in field laboratory techniques
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry or related area; college coursework in Chemistry (2 years), Computer Science (1 semester or more) and Statistics (1 semester or more), or equivalent experience.
- Ability to pass a background check to allow entry to Federal installations and access to Federal IT systems.
- Environmental laboratory analytical data validation experience.
- Environmental laboratory quality assurance certification.
- Intermediate level in MS Access or any other relational database management software (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
- Introductory level programming experience in any computing language (Visual Basic preferred, includes VBA or other macro languages).
- Intermediate level MS Excel (formula driven, etc.) & MS Word.
- Intern experience will be considered.
- Experience coordinating interactively with sample collection teams in advance and while in the field regarding laboratory coordination and sample collection techniques.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Well organized, capable of balancing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and within established deadlines.
- Ability to work extra hours during periods of high volume.