Director of Institutional Sales
Pennington, NJ 08534
Responsible for the implementation and execution of the injectable portfolio sales and marketing strategy.
Develop business plans with sales objectives and key customer targets that supports the growth of the injectable portfolio; including but not limited to contracts review, pricing, market insights, customer service policies, and product/category knowledge.
Ability to work independently as well as in a team. Strong leadership ability, analytical skills and detail focused. Ability to coach and develop a team. Strong knowledge of generic market, especially injectables/institutional market; competitor trends, established relationships with IDNs, Director of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Buyers.
The position reports to the Senior Director, Injectables Sales and Marketing, with dotted line reporting to Senior VP Injectables Business.
- Develop and drive customer relationship with key target accounts; IDN (Integrated Delivery System), Specialty Distributors and Alternate Sites).
- Execute strategic commercialization activities including tactical programs to maintain market share and strategic programs to increase share for marketed and new product launches.
- Drive profitability; create, implement and manage business strategies to achieve the company s objectives for the injectable portfolio with continual stimulus to its growth.
- Pursue and negotiate contracts/agreements/ partnership with specific targeted IDN s and key accounts.
- Build, develop and manage customer service activities for the injectable portfolio.
- Regularly gather market intel for sales performance.
- Research, analyze, and monitor the financial, technological, and demographic factors that may affect the present and future needs of the injectable business; while actively monitoring the competitive landscape and supports strategies to grow the injectable portfolio.
- Create and maintain customers business presentations for the Injectables business.
- Represent and actively participate in customer meetings, tradeshows and business conferences.
- Provide adequate reporting for product sales trends with plans of action where deem appropriate for internal and external customers.
- Propose, develop and coordinate pricing decisions for products.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with SVP of Injectable.
- Facilitate monthly sales update meetings with the appropriate team members to support sales updates and continued alignment on strategic priorities.
- Responsible for preparing and following departmental Sales budgets.
- Drive coordination between multiple departments for successful product launches. Actively contribute to product pipeline by supporting product and channel market insights.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of IDN, Specialty Distributor and Alternate Sites channels.
- Experience with contract management desired.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and address key issues impacting sales performance and implement solutions to overcome success barriers.
- Successfully complete all company training programs and abide to all customer mandated and vendor credentialing requirements.
- This position requires up to 60% travel, US and International
- Experience with Integrated Delivery Systems (IDNs) with in-depth knowledge of how IDNs operate within current market.
- Ability to analyze data (beginner to intermediate excel knowledge).
- 5+ years of sales experience and relationship management at an executive-level.
- MBA or Marketing Degree preferred.