Director of Medical Science Liaison
Paramus, NJ 07652
The Director, Medical Science Liaisons, leads a team of regionally deployed, field-based scientists who provide scientific support for the company s products.
- Assist with the hiring and on-boarding of a newly created MSL team.
- Effectively lead, develop and manage this newly created MSL team.
- Interpret and effectively communicate relevant medical and scientific topics and literature.
- Develop and maintain relationships with physicians engaged in the treatment of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- Attend major medical conferences and symposiums.
- Develop and track key performance indicators.
- Assist with the development of MSL training materials and provide input and updates into the MSL scientific presentation materials.
- Give presentations to scientific audiences as well as payor groups as needed.
- Conduct in the field evaluations of the MSL team members.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and interpret data and translate that information into appropriate tactics and solutions to support pre and post-launch communications objectives
- Capable of taking a hands-on approach and willing "roll up one s sleeves".
- Thorough understanding of compliance issues
- Excellent time management, multitasking and ability to deliver on time and on point.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach or educate teams.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the field of Medical Science Liaisons.
- Advanced degree (MD, DO, PharmD, PhD)
- Experience with a diverse number of therapeutic areas, preferably in rare disease
- Experience with pre-launch and post launch communication activities