Linden, NJ 07036
The EHS Manager will prepare and implement policies and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations. The position oversees activities related to hazardous waste disposal and records maintenance; interface with regulatory agencies; performance of safety audits and development/maintenance of written EHS training programs.
Performs a wide variety of activities, which may include one or more of the following:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal safety, environmental and health regulatory requirements as well as specific permits and excellence standards.
- Maintain workplace files.
- Proactively implement all health and safety policies and procedures (illness and injury prevention, training, contractor and facility safety).
- Responsible for the maintenance of OSHA reporting logs as well as their required publication.
- Leads safety awareness and performance improvement systems through safety committee participation, training and providing metrics for EHS management purposes.
- Leads safety audit processes and manages gap closures.
- Develops and manages company wide emergency management and disaster preparedness program.
- Assures internal and external EHS reporting requirements are in place.
- Leads process for incident (near miss, injury, illness) investigation, root cause analysis and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA).
- Hazardous waste collection, disposal and training.
- Workers Compensation investigation and reporting.
- Interacts with environmental and safety consultants, contractors, legal, and county, state and municipal agencies.