Newark, NJ 07105
The Environmental Manager will interpret federal and state laws, and regulations, then implements policies and procedures to ensure that the company remains in compliance. The Environmental Manager must meet all regulatory reporting requirements. Sees that inspections are conducted, corrective actions are completed on time, and all necessary documentation is maintained. Investigates and resolves compliance problems, questions, or complaints received from within the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc. Develops and implement programs designed to increase employee awareness and knowledge of compliance policies using a very hands on approach. Audits and evaluates current policies, procedures, and documentation for compliance with government laws and regulations. Plans, develops, and implements long-range remedial environmental solutions in response to environmental investigations or existing hazardous conditions in order to reduce environmental risk and protect company assets. Coordinates company responses and solutions with business plans, federal, state, and local environmental regulations. The Environmental Manager may need to negotiate remediation solutions with environmental regulatory agencies to minimize regulatory impact and compliance damages.
- Prepares and publishes policies and procedures regarding various regulatory issues so that the company is knowledgeable and implements statutory requirements.
- Conducts sampling and analysis of waste stream contaminates to determine level of pollution so that corrective actions can be taken.
- Responsible for hazardous waste disposal program in order to ensure that company complies with regulatory requirements.
- Responds to inquiries both verbal and written from Governmental Agencies and customers.
- Designs and delivers various training programs so that employees can keep abreast of new or existing regulatory requirements that effect their business operations.
- Implements long-range remedial environmental solutions in response to environmental investigations or existing hazardous conditions in order to reduce environmental risk and protect company assets.
- Participates in any spill clean-up activities as needed.
- Negotiates with agencies to achieve compliance and receive appropriate permits
- Performs inspections of existing and proposed operations and facilities in order to comply with federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Evaluates on a regular basis various health and safety programs to ensure continuous compliance with regulatory requirements. Escalates any unresolvable issues.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all regulatory documentation is accurately prepared, goal is no findings during agency inspection
- Ensures regulatory compliance throughout the entire plant as well as other sites as needed, goal is 100% compliance
- Conducts effective training programs so that employees use appropriate safety precautions as well as informs employees on a regular basis about regulatory requirements and ensures documented compliance.
- Ensures that all sampling and analysis is conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accurately responds and reports the company s regulatory position.