Melville, NY 11747
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for the Facility Maintenance, (non-Production areas); management of all external areas (grounds and parking areas) and external Engineering service suppliers. The person in this role will provide expertise in facilities engineering, design, project coordination, commissioning of non-GMP areas, facilities equipment operations, and troubleshooting.
The Facilities Engineer is expected to be a role model supporting our EH&S standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity; fairness, creating a positive inclusive work environment, and ensuring open communication among peers and cross-functional teams. Accountabilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and environmental and labor regulations.
- Manage all aspects of the facility maintenance (non-Production areas) emphasizing safety, quality, environmental controls, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Manage the building fire alarm system with external contractor(s) emphasizing safety, quality, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Identify reliability opportunities for all facilities equipment (ex.: Chillers, Air Handlers).
- Coordinate both routine and emergency corrective work with the manufacturing operations Scheduler/Planner to support work within a GMP Facility.
- Ability to analyze system operational data to detect adverse trends requiring corrective work in order to maximize operational efficiency and uptime and reduce costs.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting of all Facilities equipment, in cooperation with Operations, Building Services and Engineering team members to support continuous 24/7 production needs.
- Utilizes expertise and experience to resolve critical operational issues, including but not limited to equipment / procedural / operational failures.
- Ability to create and / or modify Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide oversight and guidance in the operation, preventive maintenance, and repair of all facilities equipment. Be the site subject matter expert (SME) on all facilities equipment.
- Ability to learn and becoming proficient in SAP for purchasing, Excel, and WORD programs to manage daily activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, contractors, and associates.
- Coordinate outside vendor services for Facilities Engineering and manage their activities when on-site. Provide input and approval on vendor service contracts as required.
- Establish and maintain adequate parts inventory
- Familiar with glycol loops and operating parameters
- Evident business leadership skills and with the ability to clearly communicate vision and strategy to various audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working with BMS systems is desirable
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and basic PLC programming/troubleshooting
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require
- Experience working with and managing expense budgets, required
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency