HR Generalist - Benefits
Parsippany Troy Hill, NJ 07054
Responsibilities in all areas of Human Resources with an emphasis in the benefits area. Responsible for the research, analysis, evaluation, and administration of various employee benefit plans, in the US and Canada, such as life, health, FSA, dental, and disability insurance, car plans, commercial insurance and 401K plans by performing the following duties. Responsible for HIPAA processes. Provide support to all other Human Resource/Administration activities.
- Evaluates and compares existing employee benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and other sources of information and develops specific recommendations for review by management.
- Responsible for the administration of the company's benefit plans: Responds to benefits inquires and reviews and resolves claims issues; Handles open enrollment process and benefit plan transfers; Reviews and interprets plan documents for compliance; Assists in preparing materials and in presenting benefit plan information and changes to employees; Primary liaison with employees regarding the benefit plans; Handles all government reporting and compliance testing for benefits.
- Manages our HIPAA process and conducts necessary audits of the company and responsible for implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintains vendor contact to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Responsible for the automobile plans and Company Car Program including insurance and rental car plans.
- Responsible for leave of absence administration and tracking.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws and regulations and ensure compliance with each.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Responsible for the 401K plans.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provides vendors appropriate documentation for life, pension, and disability and workers' compensation benefits claims.
- Responsible for effective EAP program.
- Conducts new employee orientation.
- Responsible for onboarding, life event and accrual processes in UltiPro in conjunction with the HRIS specialist.
- Responsible for ACA activities.
- Access to compensation information is necessary in order to perform the appropriate benefit functions or other routinely assigned business tasks. The function or duties of this position include protecting and maintaining the privacy of employee personnel records, including compensation information.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Serve as backup for payroll.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Assists in special department projects.
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to calculate figures. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required; and 3 to 5 years related experience;
- PHR/SPHR Preferred.
- Must have valid driver s license and be able to travel up to 10%
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.