East Windsor, NJ 08512
The Human Resources Generalist will perform a variety of human resources duties on a professional level. The role will provide guidance to employees and management regarding all matters HR related, while ensuring the utmost customer service in a timely, accurate and efficient manner . The HR Generalist will participate in or lead key projects and will serve as a back up to Payroll Services.
- Provide exceptional customer service to employees and managers for a variety of support requests.
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures.
- Prepare and send routine correspondence and notices internally and externally.
- Immigration administration.
- Process/respond to employment verification.
- Liaise with third party service providers and process invoices.
- Assist with compensation & benefits administration. Assist employees, managers and retirees with benefit related questions.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Main contact for employee relations - respond to questions, resolve issues and manage conflicts between employees and managers.
- Manage employee discipline from warnings through the termination process.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine and document reasons behind separations.
- Manage FMLA and other leave administration issues in coordination with line managers and payroll manager.
- Coordinate Worker Compensation process through claims management, employee advocacy, and return to work management.
- Understand and utilize Workday to its full functionality and maintain data accuracy.
- Review, validate, correct and approve HR transactions that are initiated by employees and managers.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic employment records of HR transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
- Perform general research and analysis of data to prepare reports.
- Recommend and assist in necessary process improvement and the implementation of new features and modules.
- Cover for full Payroll functions as needed.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of system integrations among Workday, ADP Workforce, and ADP Enhanced Time & Attendance.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Provide advice to management on the compliance and regulatory issues related to management initiatives.
- Respond to government and other inquiries and reporting requirements.
- Administer company policies to ensure the uniform and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Provide general human resources policy and procedural guidance, support and interpretation.
Minimum 3-5 years well-rounded HR experience
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline
Experience in Workday system or other equivalent cloud based HCM system
- Technologically savvy, advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Prior experience with online payroll and time keeping systems preferred
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal, written, oral communication, listening, and influencing skills
- PHR/SPHR preferred