Parsippany, NJ 07054
The Sr. HR Generalist is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management. The Generalist serves as an advisor to management on human resources-related issues and assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with the HR department and business management, the Sr. HR Generalist seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt employees and temporary employees, for internal and external positions. Administers appropriate assessments, reference/background checking.
- Acts as a liaison with employment agencies to fill open requisitions, address performance concerns and checking agency invoices for accuracy
- Runs reports and submits temporary employee agency hours to agencies
- Researches new agencies for temp or perm hires as needed and negotiates contracts with agencies
- Maintains and rewrites job descriptions as needed, ensuring all descriptions are up to date and every position has a job description
- Handles all onboarding procedures including new hire orientations
- Prepares the annual salary increase & bonus files for processing
- Conducts monthly meetings with respective department Managers to stay connected to the business and provide guidance to Managers
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Manages employee engagement survey process and feedback sessions. Follows up with Management & SAE s monthly to ensure weekly sessions are creating site improvements and to share best practices. Attends employee engagement hub sessions occasionally to guide SAE s on effective facilitation and process improvements.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from the database
- Maintains company org charts
- Backup to payroll and conducts weekly audits of payroll
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Recommends new approaches and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Identifies training needs for employees and may conduct training occasionally
- Process leave requests, complete paperwork, track time off and stay in contact with the employee & Manager for return to work authorization. Coordinate with Payroll.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Maintains I-9 forms to ensure compliance
- Handles employee separation requirements including conducting exit interviews and sharing feedback with Managers
- Support various Human Resource projects
- 7+ years of Human Resource Generalist experience
- Bachelor s degree required, PHR/SPHR preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills to include Word & Excel, PowerPoint experience
- Must be comfortable communicating with all levels of employees
- Must have the ability to handle and manage confidential information with the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Must be proactive in role, makes recommendations for process efficiencies in department
- Experience in multi-state operation (to include state laws, taxes, worker s comp)