Springfield, NJ 07081
- Performs the assembly/subassembly and final assembly of product. Sets up and performs tests according to written procedures, records the resulting data and product performance.
- Assembles products from blueprints or schematics. Largely repetitive work involving fitting and aligning of parts and mechanisms to required tolerance and operating requirements.
- Assembles test set ups and performs testing in accordance with schematics provided by a Test Engineer, Supervisor or standard procedures. Government or customer representative may witness Work.
- Performs more difficult machining operations including drilling, tapping and lathe turning for matching part operation.
- Uses assembly fixtures, bench type power tools, soldering equipment, and inspection devices, as required.
- Performs soldering of components according to set Company procedures.
- Employs prescribed assembly methods and procedures.
- Makes measurements with micrometers, depth micrometers, comparators and shadowgraphs to check part details.
- Works with gasses and hydraulic fluids at various pressures.
- Follows written or verbal instructions on how to perform electrical and mechanical tests
- Disassembles, repairs or reworks product as required to generate a working unit