Lean Manufacturing Engineer
North Branch, NJ 08876
- Leads lean enterprise initiative; defines and implements on-going Lean transformation.
- Identifies Lean principles that can be applied and consolidate them into a Lean strategy.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the following specific areas of lean activities, value stream mapping, 5S, flow manufacturing, Kanban, and Kaizen Blitz's.
- Benchmarks Lean initiatives both internally and externally.
- Provides Lean training for plant personnel.
- Leader of plant initiatives to offset anticipated cost increases with productivity improvements.
- Tracks the results of continuous improvement efforts to ensure that improvements are sustained.
- Performs supervisory and administrative assignments to assure the Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Tooling, New Products, and Capital Project work are accomplished. Assists in developing and implementation of long-range plans to assure that all SCS facilities continues to stay technologically advanced in capital equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Manages and directs the Manufacturing Engineering function in a professional manner to assure all assigned duties are completed in a timely, quality minded, and cost effective manner.
- Assures all documentation regarding internal procedures for product assembly are available, current and accurate.
- Develops time standards maintains similar for all significant direct-labor operations.
- Develops manufacturing processes that optimize the most efficient assembly methods and workplace layout.
- Coordinates corrective action through end of run meetings and production notes, suggesting design changes to improve processes
- Stay current in and coordinate introduction of new technologies, processes, and procedures to enhance and facilitate quality and productivity improvements.
- Analyzes and recommends ideas to reduce energy consumption/utilization.
- Implements changes to plant layout and equipment to improve productivity, quality, and operator safety.
- Assist Project Manager/Plant Managers with capital projects and obtaining competitive bidding and completion.