Job Number: 8940
Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support.
Deliver clinical and scientific presentations to health care professionals.
Support medical community with up-to-date medical information, robust diseases expertise and product information.
Provide scientific support at medical conferences.
Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in relevant therapeutic areas.
Respond to unsolicited medical information requests using a customized approach.
Provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of Advisory Boards as needed. Work with physicians experts to review speaker presentations and provide medical references when requested.
Train staff, including sales team on key scientific and medical topics in relevant therapeutic areas.
Participate in the development and review of professional slide decks, medical letters, clinical summaries and sales materials.
Maintain compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory guidelines.
Understand the role and contributions provided by Medical Science Liaisons and Medical Affairs.
Facilitate information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professional regarding current and future therapies in development and launch products.
Work closely with R&D, Commercial, and Medical Affairs to ensure information, education and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organization are identified and met.
Responsible for maintaining annual expenses within assigned budget parameters.
Responsible for accurate and timely documentation of above activities.
Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of medical science liaison.
Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, DO)
Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills.
- Communicate information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative skills.
- Strong presentation and teaching skills.
- Ability to communicate clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively.
- Ability to engage the audience and help them understand and retain information.
- Ability to learn clinical and non-clinical technical information.
- Ability to work independently and in a team structure.
- Demonstrated success at maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or environment.
- Ability to adjust effectively to work within new structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Experience with a diverse number of therapeutic are