Winder, GA 30680
- Supervise all production activities in accordance with corporate and plant policies as well as the Collective Bargaining Agreement, programs, and standards concerning safety, quality, productivity and cost
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Actively promote adherence to corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Manage staffing levels to current labor contract / labor standards requirements.
- Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet planned production schedules.
- Coordinate the proper training of team members within the assigned department.
- Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Review shift activities and results, making adjustments as required for continuous improvement.
- Investigate production delays and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Keep management informed of the status of production and promptly notify management of issues impacting production.
- Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel.
- Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability.
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
- Professional experience within packaging/plastics industry, along with blow molding, preferred.
- Extensive supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.