Montville, NJ 07045
Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) position is responsible to develop positive, partner-oriented relationships with members of the Supply Chain to continuously improve and monitor supplier performance through auditing and the application of quality tools and performance metrics. The SQE must be a self-motivated individual who possess the ability to analyze, organize, plan and prioritize assignments/tasks to achieve desired results. This position requires effective interaction with a broad spectrum of people to successfully support operations, customer requirements and the corporate strategic vision.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in an associated technical field
- 1+years of proven experience in a manufacturing/testing environment (Aerospace preferred) (just changed it from 5+ years since we are open to fresh grads)
- Knowledge in the areas of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA s) inclusive of IPC J STD-001E/NASA STD-8739 and IPC 610 standards and requirements
- Knowledge of Machining and Measurement processes and equipment.
- Minimum of (1) year Quality Engineering Experience Supplier Quality field experience preferred
- Experienced in the areas of special processes (ex. Plating, painting, weld, etc.), AS9100 & ISO system standards/requirements, P.O. Review/approval, ESD, Foreign Object Debris/damage (FOD) Controls, performance metrics and System/Process audits
- Ability to interpret Military, Commercial aircraft and Space level specifications, dwg s, and standards
- Demonstrated track record in the area of Lean concepts, variability analysis, SPC/Process controls, root cause analysis, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Six Sigma tools, System/Process auditing, etc.
- Working knowledge regarding various measuring/inspection instruments (Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Vision System, mechanical instruments, etc.)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance, therefore you must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Identify improvement projects and manages cross functional implementation to improve supply chain performance
- Promote the use of Quality tools and continuous improvement techniques at suppliers to reduce variability, achieve process control and improve the overall quality of processes, systems and the company s product(s)/materials.
- Develop positive relationships and effective lines of communication with suppliers (partnership-oriented)
- Train suppliers to effectively execute Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR), Quality Alerts, Corrective/Preventive Actions (CAPA) implementation, change control and root cause analysis
- Perform periodic audits and evaluate Supplier Quality Systems/processes and flowdown of Customer requirements to assure conformance to requirements.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data and performance metrics to manage the Supply Chain score card system. Recommend suppliers for qualification and/or disqualification based on quality performance
- Evaluate supplier processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhanced opportunities
- Ensure effective communication with Engineering, Operations, Quality Engineering and Procurement to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvements
- Working directly with suppliers, create corrective action plans and effectively resolve identified issues
- Organize and assume a lead role in presenting the status of "Active Supplier Quality" issues on a monthly basis
- Ability to provide training in an effective manner