Quality Assurance Manager
Springfield, NJ 07081
- Plan, direct, manage and coordinate quality and reliability requirements throughout the company.
- Has direct responsibility exercised through subordinates for inspection and quality control functions and the audit of other departments by quality assurance.
- Reports the status, adequacy and results of the quality functions to the QA director.
- Plan, direct, manage and coordinate quality assurance and control engineering functions to ensure product reliability, conformance to engineering and customer specifications, etc.
- Maintain satisfaction as to quality through internal and external inspection services, relative to raw materials, finished items purchased production operations and processes. Personally, conduct and/or supervise studies to determine cause, effect and the corrective measures required to remedy deviations impairing desirable standards of quality.
- Confer in conjunction with engineering and &manufacturing personnel, resolve problems relative to product designs, specifications, materials, tooling and production affecting quality.
- Personally, conduct and/or supervise investigative procedures having to do with customers complaints; advise the Contracts Department on technical matters relative to such complaints.
- Review Aircraft/Aerospace customers P.O. 's and specs and establish quality plan as
- Participate in design reviewing drawing procedure approved to ensure that required quality requirements are established
- Monitor fabrication, inspection, testing through internal audits to ensure that quality requirements including Certification of Personnel.
- Training of key personnel who perform quality related activities.
- Control of non conforming material.
- Monitor quality trend. Take or cause corrective action to be taken to prevent recurrence of non conforming condition
- Oversee vendor qualification and vendor performance monitoring
- Review other governing quality standards and revise Aircraft QAM as required
- Conduct training sessions to keep department personnel informed on procedures, methods, use of equipment and other quality control techniques.
- Either subordinates or directly, maintain satisfaction of the Department s requirements in the areas of staffing, orientation, communications and Compliance with company policies
- Through contact with professional societies, educational institutions and through perusal of technical papers, textbooks, periodicals, etc.
- keep abreast of new developments germane to quality control and related functions. Appraise employee performance and recommend charge of status and wage adjustments
- College graduate with a degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a degree or 10 years of experience without a degree. Working knowledge of commercial aircraft and aerospace regulations and procedures.
Quality Assurance Manager