Job Number: 8974
Responsible for Quality Assurance activities for the site including:
- Ensuring that the company s products conform to all specifications and customer requirements,
- Directing/overseeing activities associated with maintaining all company certifications, and all external agency approvals such as AS9100D certification, ASME certification, NADCAP; NUPIC
- Directing/overseeing configuration management, and quality assurance processes;
- Serving as the interface with customers and vendors on all quality related topics
Senior management and functional accountability for the operation of quality Management System and Quality Assurance processes, both in the office and factory
Work closely with all key functions to integrate a Quality mindset into every aspect of the business
Oversee quality processes to obtain & maintain perfect customer metrics
Ensure that the company s products conform to all specifications and customer requirements
Ensure world-class quality levels are established at the product design stage and quality system is focused on process control working in conjunction with lean manufacturing systems.
Develop data-driven and customer-focused capabilities that result in measurable improvements in product, process and supplier quality, customer support, responsiveness, and product reliability
Responsible for assuring customer quality requirements have been adequately defined to permit appropriate quality planning and implementation and that the quality requirements have been met.
Develop, implement and sustain all quality systems. Champion and facilitate the use of LEAN/ Six Sigma, and other quality tools for quality and process improvement
Establish realistic quality goals and supporting tactics to achieve the company business plans.
Achieve optimum balance among prevention, appraisal, and failure costs.
Direct/oversee the activities associated with maintaining company certifications as well as external agency approvals such as AS9100D certification, ASME certification, NADCAP, NUPIC
Evaluate, develop and maintain activities required to audit quality effectiveness, including the planning and execution of programs of audits; procedure audits; quality-systems audits, and product audits.
4-year technical degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in various phases of Quality Assurance or equivalent in Aerospace, Defense, or Nuclear Power generation environments
- Strong administrative aptitude; ability to delegate effectively, while holding subordinates accountable
- Quality Management System experience is a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; composing written reports and other communications