Security Services Technician
Edison, NJ 08820
Security Technician will be responsible for providing support, repairs and installations of card access and CCTV systems for offices throughout tri-state area and remote sites.
- Install or service new and existing security systems.
- Test, adjust and troubleshoot security systems and related equipment/hardware.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot low voltage continuity issues.
- Handle work orders, paperwork and perform job planning activities.
- Make recommendations for security system enhancements.
- Assist facilities department as needed.
- Successful track record of installing and servicing security technology projects
- Installing low voltage security systems in a new construction commercial environment
- Terminating and installing end devices such as card, badge readers, motion detector, Glass breakers, mag locks, cameras, focusing camera lenses, etc.
- Dressing and terminating security panels within an IDF room
- Testing /troubleshooting networking issues
- Programming access control (knowledge of Genetec, Honeywell, Aviglion, Mobotix, Lenel, and/or CCTV systems (Panasonic and Axis) is plus)
- Working with various systems: Genetec Lenel, Nortek, Brivo
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks)
- Fiber and cat5/cat6 data system cabling
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required.
- Knowledge of security concepts and technology platforms; Video, Access Control, Intercom, Intrusion, Visitor Management, turnstiles and network devices
- Possess a valid driver s license and ability to travel to other locations within tri-state and remote site
- Strong fundamentals of networking technologies and Information Technology Principles
- Flexible schedule
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of security systems
- Travel Required about 40-50%
- NJ Electrical License is a plus
- Must be able to lift and carry seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Experience with intercoms and familiarity with 2N or Aiphone, Comelit, Butterfly, Doorking
- Working knowledge of Windows and use of test equipment such as multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meter, decibel meters, and communicating devices.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Basic hand tools.
- Familiarity with NEC Standards and electrical codes.
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver license.
- Certifications and or experience is a plus: Lenel, Software House, Genetec