New Providence, NJ 07974
Supervise and execute the Purchasing, Expediting and Logistics functions, to ensure the requisition of all materials and services required for successful completion of projects. Further, to ensure materials are purchased on a timely basis, at the most economical prices and delivered in accordance with project requirements.
- Purchase and deliver major project components in accordance with project and customer requirements balancing price, delivery and product quality.
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers and resolve and price, quality, delivery, etc. Issues prior to purchase order placement.
- Expedite purchases and maintain an updated delivery schedule.
- Ensure the purchasing system provides management with accurate and current financial and delivery status information for each Graver project.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and review opportunities for savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve team efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that an ethical and professional approach is taken in relation to all team members, colleagues and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain efficient procurement processes and practices
- Locate and develop qualified suppliers and monitor the effectiveness of existing suppliers.
- Keep pace with market conditions to advise management of current supply market conditions.
- Ensure the accurate and timely maintenance of purchasing files, reports and approved vendor lists.
- Fosters the necessary skillset to mentor and coach the Assistant Buyer or Associate Buyer to enhance their career and professional development.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications
- Spoken and written communication is clear and concise.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize purchases based on the delivery requirements in the project plan.
- Embraces team dynamics, foster strong communication with equality in mind.
- Is a self-starter, assertive, optimistic and open to change to create a positive culture around you.
- Engages the participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working in a team environment.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience in related fields of engineered equipment and services
- Minimum 5 years of purchasing experience in a management capacity
- Production planning experience preferred
- Knowledge and ability to work with computer purchasing systems (ERP) and MS Office Suite