Senior Service Technician
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Performs repair and calibration of all products to meet customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots products and circuit boards to the component level.
- Generates appropriate service documentation and enters service orders using Salesforce/Service Max.
- Provides customers with detailed repair estimates via telephone, e-mail or fax.
- Provides repair support to field service personnel and customers via telephone.
- Maintains inventory of parts for circuit board repairs to keep and maintain inventory levels.
- Promotes parts/accessories sales to customers.
- Develops and maintains accurate test procedures to ensure accurate and thorough repairs.
- Identifies complex failures and recommend solutions; sends QA defective parts and failure analysis documentation for investigation and review; reports out of box failures on a work order.
- Decides repair time and parts required for major product and board repairs.
- Recommends to Supervisor pricing of parts, estimates, repairs performed as an accommodation to customer, special tool or equipment requirements.
- Must possess at minimum a technical school degree (AAS) or equivalent in electronics.
- Must have a minimum of five years troubleshooting experience to the component level.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Must have the ability to use test equipment including an oscilloscope, digital voltmeter and calibration simulator.
- Must possess good communication skills and a professional telephone manner.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.