Job Number: 8841
This position will be responsible for purchasing complex technical and engineering items, materials, and services at the most favorable terms for the company. Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services.
Purchases high volume items and materials that cover extended contract periods
Researches, finds and qualifies new suppliers as needed.
Monitors, expedites and follow-ups purchase orders to assure their compliance with quantity, quality, price, delivery and ISO specifications, certification and paperwork requirements
Sources and finds opportunities to reduce costs and evaluates and searches for cost effective and high-quality suppliers.
Works with and occasionally persuades vendors and manufacturers to undertake the manufacture of custom-designed items according to complex and rigid specifications.
Negotiates prices and fees to purchase inventory and services
Keeps abreast of market and product developments and interviews representatives for potential new sources of supply
Maintains and manages relationships with suppliers in accordance with the Supplier Certification Program
Identifies the need for replacement/supplement of a supplier(s) to Purchasing Manager
Researches price and deliveries on new products. Obtains quotations for new or existing items as needed
Monitors performance and capabilities of vendors to ensure maintenance of delivery, quality and price commitments.
Oversees the shipping and receiving functions
May be responsible for checking and guiding the work of lower-level buyers
Procure products at the right price, quality and time
Reduce purchasing costs while still maintaining quality
Monitor purchasing trends and identify ways to develop smarter buying techniques
Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) is strongly preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Bachelor s degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of purchasing experience is required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing company is required.
- Must have strong negotiation skills, possess highly developed analytic skills and sound commercial acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Must have exceptional organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to problem solve with good business ethics
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and experience with IFS procurement software, Contact Management systems; IFS Inventory software and IFS manufacturing software. Proficient wi