Florham Park, NJ 07932
- Diagnose current warehousing and distribution model to ensure reliability and optimum cost.
- Develop global transport sourcing strategy for ocean and inland (truck, intermodal & rail) including carrier and warehousing segmentation strategies.
- Develop budget for transport inbound/outbound costs including performance metrics year over year to capture value and minimize disruption.
- Lead multiple Distribution Centers site teams to ensure performance expectations are met or exceeded.
- Develop and standardize inbound and outbound integrated processes with key stakeholder including Supply Demand, Customer Service and Warehouse Receiving.
- Develop the operational mission and strategy for global transportation operations.
- Develop and execute Warehousing and Distribution Center transportation budgets, including outbound delivery total cost, capital expense and site asset and maintenance.
- Develop inbound/outbound network planning schedule to optimize customer on time in full and warehousing safety stock.
- Lead network design improvements, software implementation and development for efficiency and cost containment.
- Oversee the onsite vehicle preventative maintenance program and activities to ensure safe and timely delivery of product to Warehouses.
- Analyze network data and develop action plans for improved service management.
- Lead opportunities for improvement to minimize customer complaints, including reporting of carrier near misses.
- Establish trusted relationships with cross-functional collaborators to ensure quality service and cost-effective trade-off decisions.
- Key input for Supply Chain to outline production plan schedule requirements for appropriate asset management resilience.
- Increase visibility of trade-off decision points (variable, fixed, and capital costs) to ensure superior supply chain performance and prioritization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Proven experience in project/program management and lean implementation.
- Demonstrated results in Lean/Six Sigma implementation.
- Must have strong competitive analysis skills and a strong knowledge base of Supply. Chain operations players.
- Excellent strategic problem solving, negotiation & analytical skills.
- Strong business case development skills and record of accomplishment for results.